The four directors bring complementary talent and experience to the leadership of the practice and between them provide comprehensive expertise to guide our clients attainment of their built project goals. Collaboration ensures that appropriate experience and capabilities are brought to bear on each project. Construkt’s technical team is headed by Glenn Kevey, who brings a highly organised and knowledgeable focus to management of Construkt’s building Information modelling (BIM) output. Construkt employs several urban design specialists within our team to service the busy masterplanning and urban design sector of our work.
- A founding director of New Zealand’s largest practice before he started Construkt, David has been an architect for 35 years.
- Broad project experience including masterplanning communities, and creating shopping centres and corporate headquarters.
- A leading advocate for higher density development in Auckland.
- Member of the Urban Design Forum National Committee.
Regularly quoted in New Zealand media, David has become one of the country’s foremost voices for the medium-density growth model for Auckland, and a key proponent of intelligent intensification. His passion for urban design fills both his public and private life; outside of architecture he snowboards and plays in a rock band.
- One of Construkt’s three principals, Russell is known for his clear communication style and ability to guide clients through complex projects.
- A registered architect for over 20 years, he is adept in all aspects of project delivery, from site inspection to concept planning and design.
- Experience ranges from sporting facilities and hospitality fit outs to office design and residential projects of all sizes.
Russell has worked in Wellington and Auckland where he also runs his own practice for 10 years. He joined the Construkt team in 2013, recognising the opportunity to join a team with a clear vision for growing the architectural fabric of Auckland.
- Karl calls on more than 15 years’ experience when delivering on our most complex briefs – including multiunit residential, commercial, hospitality and urban design projects.
- Notable projects include redevelopment of the Hayes Metal Refinery buildings in Newmarket, Auckland, into a boutique fashion retail precinct, and the Pine Harbour Marina head office.
- Oversees computer systems and documentation standards at the practice.
- Registered architect; BArch.
One of Construkt’s longest-serving architects, Karl joined back in 2002. His family ties to Auckland and the Coromandel date to the 1800s – and today his own young family love camping and boating in and around the region. Karl’s also a competitive badminton player: he currently represents Auckland at masters level.
- Madushin’s accomplishments as a project architect span the Pacific and China, and include major award-winning projects overseas.
- A Building Information Modeling (BIM) and 3D modeling expert, with 12 years’ experience.
- Experienced in small- to large-scale residential, retail and commercial architecture.
- New Zealand-trained and registered, Madushin is one of Construkt’s three principal architects.
Sports-mad and a car enthusiast, Madushin was born in Sri Lanka, but raised in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and South Africa – and now calls New Zealand home. Prior to joining Construkt in 2013, he had established himself working as a senior architect, project team leader, and designer.
Principal, Documentation Manager
- Construkt’s main co-ordinator with secondary consultants (Civil, Fire, Structural, Geotech, IT wall systems, Acoustic, etc) and a consent documentation expert.
- Manages staff training and inductions.
- Nine years’ industry experience, with a particular interest in sustainable urban design.
- Holds a Diploma in Architectural Draughting from Otago Polytechnic.
Another of Construkt’s keen sportspeople, Glenn keeps his weekends busy watching rugby, cricket and golf. A farm boy by birth, Glenn said goodbye to the early starts of his first career – running dairy cows in the Waikato – and hasn’t looked back, amassing experience both here and in the UK on diverse projects including education, residential and cultural builds.
Associate, Senior Urban Designer
- Kate’s particular areas of expertise are strategic and place based urban design, and architecture up to the Resource Consent Stage.
- Her long list of design and planning credits include the 100ha Temple View Masterplan.
- Intensive housing development specialist.
- BAS; BArch Hons; MUrbDes Hons, PGCertPlan, NZIA graduate member; member of the Urban Design Forum and the Resource Management Law Association.
Born in Wellington, but an Aucklander for 20 years now, Kate’s spiritual home is Waiheke Island in the Hauraki Gulf. “I love visiting. Once I set foot there all my stress and worries seem to disappear. The food, drink, and company are usually pretty good too.”
Associate, Architectural Graduate
- Believes in a collaborative approach to design that keeps the end user’s experience in mind.
- Experienced in single- and multi-residential projects, plus commercial work of all sizes.
- Seven years’ post-graduate architectural experience in Australia.
- Holds a BArch (Hons) from the University of Technology Sydney.
Born in Sydney to Chilean parents, Rob is a sports junkie (and former fitness instructor) who believes in eating well and keeping active. Outside of work you’ll find him in one of the city’s many parks with his young family, or enjoying the water down in Whangamata.
- An urban design expert, Dan registered with the Romanian Architects Board and the Romanian Urban Planners Board on completing postgraduate work in City Planning and Landscaping at the University of Timisoara, Romania.
- Proficient CAD and 3D modeller with an interest in vernacular architecture and sustainable design.
- Seven years’ architectural experience (both in NZ and Romania) across small residential to medium density housing, plus commercial and urban planning.
- BArch; MArch; Master in City Planning and Landscaping; NZIA member.
The good things in life keep Dan busy in his downtime: cooking for friends and family, wine-tasting, and spending time in the great outdoors. Born and raised in Romania, Dan spent his youth travelling through Europe and is a passionate music collector who loves seeing performances live.
- Passionate about quality design that embodies the aspirations of the client
- Strong technical skills in detailed design and documentation
- Holds a BArch (Hons) from Victoria University Wellington.
- Over 5 years post graduate experience in commercial and industrial projects
In his downtime François likes to spend time with his young family and friends as well as playing golf, tennis, snowboarding and keeping busy with hobbies such as wood working.
- Miles came to Construkt from Melbourne where he spent four years designing medium- to high-density residential projects.
- Passionate about quality, functional, sustainable and affordable housing for Auckland.
- Works closely with Council, developers and builders to achieve great design outcomes.
- Skilled concept designer and design developer.
It was drawing classic cars as a child that taught Miles the hand drawing skills he now uses in his work. Today he’s still a car enthusiast who gets great satisfaction from restoring old machines, and loves rebuilding pre-loved objects – anything from old lamps to pushbikes – letting their great design qualities shine again.
Architect (Philippines Registered)
Randy is a registered Architect in the Philippines and has experience both in Architecture and Construction industry in Philippines and Singapore for over 9 years.
He has an extensive involvement in design and documentation of small to large scale projects in residential, commercial, healthcare and industrial developments for high profile clients.
A bubbly, frustrated tattoo artist, and family oriented man. He and his family recently moved to New Zealand and enjoys the work/life balance that it has to offer, lots of cultural diversity, and the wonderful environment.
- Louise is experienced in mid- to high-end residential projects, including alterations and new builds.
- Liaises with Council, contractors and manufacturers while keeping a tight rein on detail and documentation.
- Strong technical skills, including CAD and graphical presentation.
- Completed her MArch at the University of Auckland in 2012, gaining first class honours.
A passionate photographer and painter in her spare time, Louise hails from China and has lived in Auckland for the last 12 years. She has a deep appreciation for the multi-cultural lifestyle that Auckland offers; when not exploring the city she likes to go hiking with friends.
- Regards good architecture as the inspiring product of an optimum mix of the creative and the practical. He enjoys design and is interested in the technology that supports its expression.
- Has well developed communication, business and management skills from a previous career.
- Holds a B.Arch (Hons) from University of Auckland and, from his earlier days, an M.A. (Hons) in Japanese from University of Canterbury.
Angus is a relatively late and convert to the practice of architecture. During his former successful corporate career, he lived and worked in Japan, UK, Netherlands, Singapore and then back home in NZ. His other interests include classical music, languages, arts and culture.
With her hometown in Northern China regularly hitting minus 30 degrees centigrade in winter, Jojo has been happily ensconced in Auckland for the last eleven, and cherishes its mild climate, clean air and and proximity to the wilds. Architecture-wise she’s a fan of the art-deco style of Napier, and loves the old-with-new blend of Japan’s Kyoto.
- A meticulous documenter, Jojo is well versed in a variety of architectural styles, from small- and medium-density residential to light industrial, both in new builds and alterations.
- Completed a Bachelor of Spatial Design at AUT in 2010, and NDAT at Unitec in 2012.
- One of Construkt’s most recent recruits, she joined the practice in 2016.
- Claire is experienced in mid to high-end residential projects, working on concept design through to documentation
- Passionate about being involved in providing good spatial design and design aesthetic to the growing Auckland population
- Completed her BArch in 2009 from the University of Auckland
In her free time Claire enjoys painting, as well as playing squash. She grew up in South Africa, but moved to Auckland 14 years ago. She enjoys the diversity that Auckland city has to offer, as well as the proximity to amazing outdoor spaces to explore.
- Zornitsa hails from Bulgaria, where she has been registered with the Bulgarian Architects Board since 2006 and a RIBA Chartered Architect.
- Passionate about marrying great architecture with sustainability and good urban design.
- A skilled concept designer, her experiences ranges from small residential builds to medium density housing, commercial and industrial projects.
- Strengths in documentation, 3D modeling and presentation, with more than eight years’ architecture experience.
Having called Bulgaria, Hong Kong and now New Zealand home, Zornitsa is fascinated by the diversity of human culture and its preservation around the world. Her cosmopolitan outlook and appreciation for cultural heritage neatly compliment her work here at Construkt.
- Expert in digital modelling and rendering with strong BIM freehand drawing skills.
- Has a keen interest in using technology to optimise design and build processes.
- Holds an MArch (Prof) from the University of Auckland.
An active turf hockey player, Alex hails from Taranaki but moved to Auckland to complete his architectural training. Interested in digital systems, Alex sees the future of building being driven by innovations in architectural software.
Harshal holds B.Arch and M.Urb.Des(Hons) degree, along with five years experience working in India & NZ.
Spends time volunteering for various causes, recently Harshal completed Red Cross refugee assistance programme which helps refugee’s to settle in Aotearoa.
He is also an avid reader, enjoys traveling and exploring the difficult terrain and coast across the globe.
- Skilled in conceptual development and design presentation, Kirsten is passionate about high-quality design.
- Recent experience includes concept/preliminary design and documentation. Kirsten compiled the NZIA’s submission on the Auckland Proposed Unitary Plan.
- Recently completed her MArch (Prof) at the University of Auckland.
Growing up between Wellington and rural Bay of Plenty, Kirsten has come to love Auckland’s city-scapes, its public places, and the interface between its land and water. She fills her downtime exploring the city on bike or foot, sketching city scenes, and learning Portuguese.
Administration & Support:
- With twelve years in various office management roles under her belt, both in New Zealand and Canada, Kristy looks after Construkt’s day-to-day financial and general management needs.
- Gained a Business Administration & Computing certificate in 2004.
- Has ten years’ additional experience in the retail sector.
Construkt’s most travelled staff member, Kristy has visited 43 countries to date and is always looking forward to her next trip. Memorable experiences include hiking sections of the Great Wall of China on a fundraising expedition for Breast Cancer New Zealand.